HR Advisor (Internal Only)
We are currently recruiting for a HR Advisor to be based at our Bristol Head Office (with travel to other offices across the UK and Northern Ireland as required).
* This is an internal only role *
The role sits in the HR Business Partner team which consists of Senior HR Business Partners, HR Business Partners, HR Advisors and a HR Operations team
The wider HR team consists of the Reward, Recruitment and Organisational Development Learning and Development teams
As a HR Advisor your responsibilities will include:
- Act as the first point of contact for managers across the Firm, providing expert advice on all stages of the employee lifecycle and associated policies and procedures
- Supporting and coaching managers with employee relations cases including performance management, disciplinary, grievance, absence management, capability and flexible working
- Providing employment law advice to managers
- Attending informal and formal meetings relating to these cases, providing HR advice and guidance throughout the relevant process, coaching managers and taking minutes
- Act as liaison with our occupational health provider, referring employees as appropriate and supporting managers with implementing any identified recommendations
- Provide support to managers in relation to the Firm's family friendly policies
- Updating the Employee Relations Tracker and conducting regular analysis of trends arising from these cases
- Working with the (Senior) HR Business Partners to identify cases with significant risk and escalate to the relevant (Senior) HR Business Partner as appropriate.
- Provide advice and guidance to managers regarding changes to terms and conditions of employment; secondments; promotions etc.
- Manage the Firm's enabled employees scheme, supporting managers with the implementation of reasonable adjustments
- Manage the implementation of agreed TUPE processes across the firm
- Review and draft policies and procedures and managers' guides to ensure compliance with employment legislation and best practice
- Assist the (Senior) HR business partners with the management of annual processes such as performance grading, promotions and salary review
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- Candidates should have previous work experience in a HR professional/advisory role
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to build strong relationships and build credibility with managers at varying levels
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Good IT skills with experience in Excel, Microsoft Word and Microsoft office packages and experience of iTrent (HR software) would be advantageous
- Ideally CIPD qualified or working towards the qualification
- A willingness to travel to different UK locations to support offices across Great Britain
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.