Head of Recruitment
We have an exciting opportunity to join the firm as Head of Recruitment based within our Bristol office. Reporting to our HR Director and working closely with group and team leaders, you will be responsible for the design and delivery of an effective recruitment strategy to support c.300 hires per annum within highly competitive talent fields. You will also take responsibility for the transactional recruitment of all exec hires across the firm.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will receive a bespoke, on-going training programme to ensure you develop your commercial and technical skills to allow you to deliver the varied workload to a high standard. As a member of our Support team you will be a vital part of our continued success. There isn't an "us and them" mentality and you will be recognised for your hard work and support.
As the Head of Recruitment you will be expected to deliver the following:
- Design and deliver the national recruitment strategy in order to meet the challenging demands of the business, which operates within niche, high demand/low supply talent areas. Direct hires and quality of hire are priorities.
- Take responsibility for executive hires, typically from Legal Director level upwards,
- Responsible for a team of 6 ensuring the development needs of the team are met through bespoke training.
- Collate and measure a range of recruitment metrics in order to analyse the return of investment across the recruitment lifecycle.
- Develop the existing employer brand and ensure the EVP is delivered across the entire recruitment lifecycle, ensuring the firm's culture is clearly recognisable and attracts talent.
- In conjunction with the Graduate Recruitment Manager, design and deliver the trainee solicitor recruitment strategy.
- Support the Head of Secondment Recruitment with the firm's innovative approach to supporting internal and external resourcing needs via an interim/cloud resource programme.
- Work closely with HR Business Partners and Group and Team Leaders to undertake workforce planning across the firm.
- Implement an effective and rigorous assessment process to meet quality of hire targets.
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- Extensive recruitment experience within in-house and agency environments is essential. You will have a proven track record within executive hire, contingency recruitment and ideally graduate and early careers.
- Expert sourcing skills with the ability to conduct advanced Boolean and x-ray searches. You will also be adept at training within these fields to ensure the continued development of the Recruitment team.
- Prior legal experience is highly beneficial due to the unique nature of law firms, however, broader professional services experience will be considered.
- Design and delivery of employer branding initiatives covering from entry level to executive level.
- Line management experience is essential.
- Strong communication, influencing and stakeholder management skills are essential. You will be adept at dealing with the challenges of a complex partnership.
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate.
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance. You will have discounted rates for the latest mobile phones and discounted gym memberships.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.