Housekeeping team leader
We're recruiting for a Housekeeping Team Leader to join our Head Office in Bristol. This is a great opportunity to supervise and lead a small team who are responsible for the smooth running of our newly refurbished client conference suite, kitchen and staff catering areas.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will receive a bespoke, on-going training programme to ensure you develop your commercial and technical skills to allow you to deliver the varied workload to a high standard. As a member of our Support team you will be a vital part of our continued success. There isn't an "us and them" mentality and you will be recognised for your hard work and support.
As a Housekeeping Team Leader your day to day remit includes:
- The servicing and turnaround of 15 meeting/conference rooms for events and meetings.
- Dealing with internal or external client requests in the meeting rooms and serving refreshments (e.g. teas and coffees, buffet lunches or breakfast).
- Be available for overtime for service duties when hosting evening events such as a fine dining dinner or drinks reception.
- Support the Reception team in ensuring the Front of House area is clean and tidy at all times. This includes spot and emergency cleaning (e.g. removing wine stains from reception furniture).
- Supporting visiting caterers, checking food deliveries on arrival and ensuring dietary requirements are clear and delivered.
- Maintain staff kitchenettes and café areas on all floors ensuring they are stocked with consumables and kept clean and tidy throughout the day. This includes microwaves and waste receptacles.
- Take responsibility for the Health, Safety and Hygiene requirements and reporting for all kitchen areas and adhere to the company's health & safety policy and procedures and legislative responsibilities.
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- Ideally a hospitality background, preferably in a professional environment.
- Excellent customer service skills and good organisational skills.
- Experience of working in a catering/facilities environment.
- Certificate in Food hygiene – Level 2 (essential) or Level 3 (desirable).
- Experience of supervising staff including undertaking appraisals and leadership by example.
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate.
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Company
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.