We have an exciting opportunity for an IT Director. We are a progressive and entrepreneurial firm, often described as innovative by our clients, much of which is attributable to our IT. As a Business Head you will work closely with the operations and executive boards and you will play an integral role in shaping the firm's strategy. We pride ourselves in giving our employees the freedom to explore new opportunities, we want you to strive for us to be at the forefront of the latest technology, ensuring our employees and clients benefit from your innovative approach. You will be overseeing a large IT department of circa 60 employees, so it is vital you have experience of driving IT strategy across multiple IT disciplines. As our Facilities function is increasingly digitally led, we want you to lead this team allowing the firm to benefit from a cohesive approach between IT and Facilities.
In return you will receive a highly competitive remuneration package including 30 days holiday, private medical insurance and critical illness cover. We will also invest heavily in you. We want you to be successful; you will receive a bespoke training programme to develop your commercial and technical skills to allow you to deliver the varied workload to a high standard.
Your role as IT Director will be varied, challenging and fast paced. Your key responsibilities include:
- Develop IT and Facilities strategies in support of the Firm’s strategic objectives. Identify opportunities for the firm to be more efficient.
- Contribute to the prioritisation and scheduling of the firms portfolio of projects in conjunction with members of the senior leadership team.
- Identify and present the latest technologies which will benefit the firm and our clients.
- Lead on major facilities projects, such as office refurbishments and large fit-outs.
- Provide strong leadership to the IT and facilities team.
- Develop an annual business plan and operating budget for IT and facilities, ensuring service delivery and investment are managed within these.
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- Extensive line management experience is essential. You will be able to effectively manage a team of 60, knowing when to lead, when to coach and when to delegate.
- A proven track record of driving and defining complex IT strategy. You will have successfully operated within fast paced, ideally matrix managed, environments. We need a bespoke IT strategy and you will be able to identify how we can improve our infrastructure.
- Exceptional communication skills, with the ability to explain complex IT concepts to non-technical colleagues and clients.
- You will be a solutions led individual with a focus on providing an outstanding customer service. Your team should feed from this approach, ensuring the wider IT team are seen as a centre of excellence.
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate.
About the Company
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 110 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.