Infrastructure and Applications Manager
Reporting to the Head of IT , you will be a member of the IT Management Team and the IT Infrastructure & Applications Team owning responsibility for the delivery of all IT infrastructure, platforms, enterprise applications and related services to the firm. You will be responsible for meeting or exceeding resultant SLAs and OLAs, including the measurement and monitoring of relevant KPIs and responsible for controlling spend against specific budget items as delegated by the Head of IT to ensure that budgets are not exceeded unless specifically authorised. A customer-focussed approach to the role will be essential as will the ability to build relationships with key stakeholders.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will receive a bespoke, on-going training programme to ensure you develop your commercial and technical skills to allow you to deliver the varied workload to a high standard. As a member of our Support team you will be a vital part of our continued success. There isn't an "us and them" mentality and you will be recognised for your hard work and support.
As a Infrastructure & Applications Manager your day to day remit includes:
- Ensuring that the firm’s IT systems and services meet agreed availability and performance KPIs and that the firm’s IT systems and services have sufficient capacity to support planned growth, and sufficient flexibility to meet unplanned growth in a timely manner.
- Ensuring the Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability of the firm’s IT systems, IT services and Information Assets in accordance with the requirements of firm’s ISMS and contractual agreements with clients.
- Checking that all enterprise / back-end physical and software assets are supported, maintained and managed through their full lifecycle and that all assets are recorded and properly licensed.
- Confirming that support services are available from the IT Infrastructure & Applications Team (and their suppliers) as defined in the relevant SLAs and OLAs.
Meeting or exceeding the SLAs and OLAs for which the IT Infrastructure & Applications Team are responsible, including the measurement and monitoring of relevant KPIs.
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- Be an excellent people leader whilst having a fundamental understanding of infrastructure (both cloud and on premise) to underpin a modern tech stack
- The ability to support the TLT digital aspirations and roadmap
- Substantial experience in a technical management role, managing a team and third-party suppliers delivering infrastructure and applications to at least 1,000 end-users in a multi-site business-to-business services organisation:
- Experience of selection, implementation and operational support of technologies and services currently used by the firm, including: Microsoft Cloud Technologies, Active Directory, Group Policy, SCCM, etc.
- Experience of selection, implementation and operational support of Infrastructure and related services, e.g. VMWare (virtualisation and VDI), MimeCast, Symantec Anti-Virus, Palo Alto firewalls, Networking, Mitel Telephony, BES, Mobile Iron, Video Conferencing and Audio-Visual Equipment, etc.
- A broad understanding of other areas of IT including IT Service Delivery, IT Training, Programme & Project Management, etc.
- Substantial experience of working within an ITIL environment with excellent knowledge of incident, problem and change management:
- Experience of working with ISO27001, disaster recovery and business continuity.
- It will be desirable to own previous law firm or similar partnership/professional services experience, including commonly used legal applications and services: Legal applications, e.g. SOS Connect, Solcase, iManage (client and server), BigHand, Laserforms, HotDocs, etc.
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused?
Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.