IT Technical Pod Lead
The IT Technical Pod Lead:
- Reports to the Head of IT Operations and is a key member of the IT Operations Team and the IT Service Delivery Team.
- Manages a small portion of the IT Service Desk Team
- Provides first and second line support services within core service hours, plus out-of-hours emergency first and second line support.
- Delivers support, maintenance and troubleshooting of all applications, IT services and end-user compute and back end infrastructure.
The main purpose of the IT Technical Pod Lead role is ultimately the provision of IT Support to TLT, this includes;
- Provide line management for a small number of Tech Experts to ensure that all IT related issues are dealt with efficiently and expediently. Act as mentor and coach, ensuring that the skill and knowledge of each team member is maintained and extended.
- Providing support duties in line with the needs of the business, the Service Desk is open between 07:30 and 18:00.
- Providing out of hours support as part of the out of hours rota.
- Being available to take inbound and outbound phone calls from/to our employees and partners within TLT, as well as calls from TLT’s clients and other external parties and suppliers.
- Support the 1st line team in terms of overflow phone calls
- Utilising time on the phone effectively to meet KPI targets and SLA’s.
- Delivering excellent customer service at all times.
- Manage escalations from the team and ensuring detail is captured and updated through the lifecycle.
- Log all incidents and service requests in the IT Service Management tool, ensuring appropriate detail is captured and updated through the lifecycle.
- Ensure incidents and service requests are logged and managed in line with all firm policy and procedures.
- Investigate technical issues; provide solutions or workarounds to ensure minimal impact to all our stakeholders.
- Follow the escalation process to ensure incidents are assigned to the relevant team/individuals.
- Managing incidents and service requests to ensure SLA targets and KPI’s are met.
Provide advice and guidance in relation to all TLT IT systems.
- Maintenance of IT systems, such as user permissions and account creations.
- Configure and install hardware, including PC’s, Laptops, Thin Clients, Tablets and Mobile Phones
- Escalating major incidents quickly and efficiently to the IT Technical Support Team Leader or to the nominated representative.
- Ensure the SLA's are met, escalating problems where necessary to the third line support or IT Technical Support Team Leader where appropriate.
- Manage communications between 1st and 2nd line teams with regard to known problems.
- Communicate and manage open tickets with 3rd Party suppliers, 3rd Line Service Desk Analysts & Infrastructure & Applications Team
- Communicate service outages and changes to the business effectively
- Contribute to a decline in Incidents through root cause analysis and Problem reviews
- Educate the Tech Experts in areas where they can improve the ability to achieve first time fixes. Including the delivery of internal workshops.
- Upskill the TLT IT Support Representative around the firm.
- Contribute to and maintain knowledgebase articles on known errors, workarounds and ongoing issues.
- Update knowledgebase for new solutions ensuring training requirements are provided to the wider service desk.
- Promote the use of the knowledge base to first line to ensure a delivery of excellent and consistent service.
- Carry out regular site visits in remote offices as required.
- Maintain and prepare deployments of new hardware to the estate.
- Contribute to, and update documentation to support the build and configurations of all desktop equipment and mobile devices.
- Provide IT sign off for changes to VDI image provisions.
- Support a diverse infrastructure estate across 7 office locations.
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- At least four years' experience working within a professional and busy IT Service desk.
- At least two years’ experience of working in a similar position would be an advantage
- Excellent customer service skills, telephone manner and written communication skills.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Ability to Lead and manage a small team of Tech Experts.
- Attention to detail.
- Working experience of ITIL and ISO270001 processes and procedures.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Exposure to a wide variety of technology, ideally including:
o Document Management Systems (iManage / Interwoven)
o Practice Management Systems (SOS Connect / Practice Manager)
o Case Management Systems (Solcase, Envision, K2 Blackpearl)
o Digital Dictation Systems (Bighand)
o Microsoft Windows (7, 10)
o Microsoft Office (2003, 2010, 2013)
o Telephony Systems (Mitel, NuPoint, Redbox)
o Mobile Telephony Systems. (MobilerIron)
o Comprehensive understanding of Active Directory, Microsoft exchange
o Proven Leadership skills
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com.
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.