IT Trainer - 12 Months FTC
We are currently recruiting for an experienced IT Trainer to join us on a 12 month Fixed Term Contract.
As an IT Trainer at TLT you will deliver induction and lead a range of courses to learners across the firm. While the role is predominantly based in Bristol, we also deliver to employees across all our site (Bristol, London, Manchester, Belfast, Glasgow and Edinburgh).
The IT Training Team is part of TLT's wider Information Technology team. We are responsible for the delivery of training of all of our IT systems to all employees and new starters within the Firm. This could be by any means including classroom, webinar or eLearning. We also write and manage a number of eLearning modules that are both IT and non-IT related.
We are involved in all IT projects in an advisory capacity and to schedule and deploy the rollout of training for new applications. The wider IT team has around 40 employees who are responsible for the on-going support and improvement to IT's offering to the Firm.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will receive a bespoke, on-going training programme to ensure you develop your commercial and technical skills to allow you to deliver the varied workload to a high standard. As a member of our Support team you will be a vital part of our continued success. There isn't an "us and them" mentality and you will be recognised for your hard work and support.
As an IT Trainer your day to day remit includes:
- Providing training on a mix of bespoke business systems (developed in-house at TLT) alongside familiar off-the-shelf packages, such as Microsoft Office. Our training combines functional instruction with guidance on TLT processes and policies.
- Producing a range of supportive materials including quick reference guides, video demos, eLearning modules and manuals for all of our applications. These are stored on our intranet (SharePoint) and maintained and kept up to date by the IT Training team.
- Managing the IT Training delivery calendar, schedule courses, and maintain records of all training attendance and eLearning completion using our learning management system.
- Supporting users with IT related questions; fielding not only ad hoc queries, but also working with the IT Service Desk to publish helpful Tips, targeted at reducing Service Desk calls.
- Assisting in the production and delivery of project based IT training.
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
You as a Trainer:
- Creative - You are creative; always looking for new ways to keep your training fresh and accessible.
- Learning approach - You have a natural approach to learning; able to explain technical concepts in a simple way.
- Business oriented - You have a track record for creating and delivering technical training that you designed around your learners’ roles, needs and business processes.
- Wider view - You see learning solutions with an eye for detail while always maintaining the wider view and business need.
- Emotionally intelligent – You are emotionally aware; able to read customers and team members and respond appropriately.
- Presenter / Producer – You enjoy using video and webinars as a medium for delivering learning.
Experience of delivering IT Training in a classroom is essential for this role. Formal training qualifications are desirable (in particular CIPD, TAP and MOS) but we encourage applications from anyone who can demonstrate equivalent experience.
Application skills and experience:
You have a deep understanding of Microsoft Office 2010 however; experience of Microsoft Office 2013 or 2016 would be a distinct advantage.
Previous experience of eLearning authoring, particularly using Adobe Captivate, would be an advantage.
Additionally, knowledge of the following software would is desirable:
- SOS Connect / Practice Manager
- SolCase or similar case management software
- Interwoven/iManage or other document management system
- Interaction or other client relationship manager application
- BigHand Dictation or other digital dictation application
- QlikView or similar financial reporting application
We are for looking an experienced IT Trainer, able to manage changing priorities while remaining calm and professional under pressure.
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com .
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.