Incentives Solicitor / Associate
We are recruiting for a Employee Incentives solicitor or associate to join our Tax and Incentives team in Bristol. With core disciplines being employee benefits, incentives law and corporate tax, the team has more than doubled in turnover over the last few years and is looking to expand.
The team consists of a partner, legal director, an associate, solicitor, trainee solicitor and a legal assistant. You'll be a driven and talented solicitor with a minimum of 4 years post qualification experience or equivalent. You will have worked in a leading practice with a proven track record of supporting organisations with client advice.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will manage your own caseloads ensuring your experience is varied and broad. Through our national service lines you will work with notable clients and become a sector specialist. You will receive bespoke training throughout your career ensuring you have the technical and commercial skills to build an effective and successful practice.
Once you are in the role of solicitor you will deliver the following:
- work closely with the Tax and Incentives team head as well as the lawyers in our corporate tax team, which forms part of the same group.
- lead projects (with appropriate supervision) and handle client relationships (both internally and externally).
- be driven, enthusiastic and a personable individual with strong experience and credentials.
- actively engage and drive forward business development and supported in taking responsibility for the development of areas of the practice
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- an experienced employee share scheme practitioner having experience in implementing most types of employee share plan for both private and listed companies
- experience in dealing with the maturity of employee share plans in M&A.
- in depth knowledge of the tax regime applying to employee share plans and the principles of trust and corporate law.
- our clients and our employees would describe us as energetic, entrepreneurial & driven and we would expect the same from any successful candidate.
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com. Or if you prefer our dedicated Diversity and Corporate Responsibility Advisor, Tanya Williams on email@example.com
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. As a fee earner if you exceed your targets you will receive a generous annual bonus. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.