Information Security Officer
We're recruiting for an Information Security Officer in our Bristol office. Reporting to our Risk Director, you will be responsible for continuing the enhancement and implementation of information security and data processing policies and standards across the firm and in particular, auditing and maintaining our ISO27001 processes and accreditation.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will receive a bespoke, on-going training programme to ensure you develop your commercial and technical skills to allow you to deliver the varied workload to a high standard. As a member of our Support team you will be a vital part of our continued success. There isn't an "us and them" mentality and you will be recognised for your hard work and support.
As a Information Security Officer your day to day remit includes:
- Acting as the central point of contact within TLT with regards to information security.
- Ensuring continued compliance against BS ISO/IEC 27001, 20000 and 9001 certifications for all TLT locations (except Greece), including planning and coordinating regular external surveillance and re-certification audits;
- Progressing and closing external audit non-conformities. Plan and implement extensions to the scope of these certifications where TLT changes its scope of operations.
- Assisting as necessary with the firm's EU GDPR audit and implementation plan.
- Monitoring and managing the day to day Information security management system (ISMS).
- Plan, manage and undertake internal and third party audits on IT governance, information security and controls.
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- Proven experience of having managed an Information security management system (ISMS) and maintaining ISO27001 certification in a multi-site operation.
- Solid understanding of IT and experience in developing IT governance, controls and best practice processes in the form of the IT infrastructure library (ITIL) and IT service management certification (BS ISO/IEC 20000).
- Considerable experience in undertaking a range of internal and third party audits around Information security, data protection and IT governance and controls.
- Experience in developing physical security best practice processes and controls.
- Good understanding of the Data Protection Act and implementation of EU GDPR.
- Very good understanding of the principles of risk assessment and risk treatment, including operational risk as well as compliance monitoring and reporting.
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate.
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance. You will have discounted rates for the latest mobile phones and discounted gym memberships.
About the Company
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.