Junior Legal Secretary - Commercial Litigation
We are recruiting for a Junior Legal Secretary to join our Commercial Dispute Resolution team in Bristol. This is a great opportunity to join a reputable team in a supporting capacity, providing administrative assistance to fee earners. You will be involved in copy and audio typing, diary management, general admin and assisting with preparing bills.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will develop your technical and commercial skills through bespoke knowhow and development programmes ensuring you exceed all expectations. We have a flat hierarchy and you will be a highly valued member of the team and firm and we will ensure your hard work is recognised.
As a Junior Legal Secretary your day to day remit includes:
- Filing – electronic and hard copy
- File opening and closing
- Answering telephone calls/dealing with clients/taking messages and arranging meetings
- Typing up dictations
- House styling documents
- Preparing bills and assisting with collation of bills and reporting to clients
- Undertaking conflict checks and new matter opening procedures
- Creating and amending documents. Working with large documents using track changes
- Assisting with management of emails; for example, saving, printing and filing
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written).
- Attention to detail, good organisational skills and flexibility.
- Previous office experience is desirable but not necessary, ideally within a medium sized firm or professional services company.
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook is required.
- A good team player and able to work well as part of a team to support the fee earners.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- A pro-active person who likes to use their initiative, willing to take responsibility and able to prioritise work.
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com . Or if you prefer our dedicated Diversity and Corporate Responsibility Advisor, Tanya Williams on email@example.com
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.