Junior secretary - Employment Pensions and Incentives
We are recruiting for a part-time Junior Legal Secretary to join our Employment, Pensions and Incentives teams in Bristol. This is a permanent opportunity working approximately 25 hours per week Monday to Friday. You will be working closely alongside 4 other secretaries supporting approximately 25 fee earners based in Bristol.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will develop your technical and commercial skills through bespoke knowhow and development programmes ensuring you exceed all expectations. We have a flat hierarchy and you will be a highly valued member of the team and firm and we will ensure your hard work is recognised.
As a Junior Legal Secretary your day to day remit includes:
- You will work as part of a support team providing administrative assistance to the fee earners in the team.
- Copy and audio typing/digital dictation.
- Answering telephone calls/dealing with clients/taking messages and arranging meetings.
- Filing and general admin duties such as faxing, photocopying, scanning, file opening and claiming expenses.
- Managing diary appointments and making arrangements for meetings to include forward planning of fee earner's diary and making travel arrangements as appropriate in fee earner's absence.
- Dealing with post.
- Review of incoming emails and dealing with as appropriate.
- Assisting with management of emails; for example, saving, printing and filing.
- Preparing bills and assisting with collation of bills and reporting to clients.
- There will be a focus on maintaining the team's filing. In addition, the role will require good general admin duties such as scanning and photocopying when required.
- Creating and amending documents. Working with large documents using track changes.
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- Copy and audio typing/digital dictation (some training will be provided)
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written).
- Attention to detail, good organisational skills and flexibility.
- Previous office experience is desirable but not necessary, ideally within a medium sized firm or professional services company.
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook is required.
- A good team player and able to work well as part of a team to support the fee earners.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Able to deal with a high volume of typing.
- A pro-active person who likes to use their initiative, willing to take responsibility and able to prioritise work.
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com . Or if you prefer our dedicated Diversity and Corporate Responsibility Advisor, Tanya Williams on email@example.com
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance
About the Firm
Were an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, weve grown considerably in the last three years and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, were always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if youre dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and well give you everything you need to thrive.