Knowledge & Information Officer
We are currently recruiting for a Knowledge & Information Officer to join our expanding Knowledge Management Team. This is a permanent, full time role, with the potential to work flexibly between home and office (with the team member being assigned to one of TLT’s regional offices in either Bristol, Manchester or Glasgow)
Our Knowledge and Information Officers work closely with colleagues across all parts of our business, helping to turn data and information into insight to support our clients.
We focus on undertaking both legal and business research, aligned to a number of key economic sectors. Working closely with Professional Support Lawyers, as well as undertaking research, the KM Team also help manage TLT’s extensive programme of current awareness and horizon scanning, as well as a wide variety of third party databases, knowledge systems and automation tools.
This role forms part of our KM research function, which sits alongside our KM systems and document production teams.
As part of the central Knowledge Management team you will be responsible for:
- Providing knowledge support to two of our key sectors (Banking & Financial Services and Real Estate) including research and production of current awareness bulletins and products.
- Delivering dedicated knowledge & information support to the Banking and Lender Services Group.
- Providing a current awareness service, including developing and distributing client facing news bulletins, internal legal bulletins as well as tracking cases, legislation and companies etc as required.
- Undertaking legal and business research to provide support with client matters and business development activities.
- Building a strong network with staff at all levels across the organisation to advise and encourage the sharing and use of knowledge.
- Harvesting know how within specific practice and sector groups, profiling it and promoting use of our know how system.
- Raising awareness and delivering training on knowledge and information resources.
- Liaising with and supporting the practice group Professional Support Lawyers
- To work with wider team to respond to research requests across TLT.
- Working together with other members of the team to support knowledge projects
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- A degree or equivalent professional experience in Research, Information / Knowledge Management, Librarianship (or a related discipline);
- Experience of working in (or supporting) professional services desirable;
- You will possess the ability to develop a good understanding of the work of the legal practice areas to appreciate internal clients' information needs, to identify relevant knowledge and effectively draft/edit summaries and disseminate such content;
- Confident and familiar in undertaking online research;
- Prior experience and familiarity with company information databases (Companies House, MINT, FAME etc.) and legal databases (such as Practical Law, West Law and Lexis Library) valuable, although additional training will be provided.
- You will be able to manage demanding workloads with strict deadlines;
- You will have exceptional time management, planning and organisational skills, a methodical approach and a keen eye for detail;
- You will be able to build a credible reputation as a trusted advisor on information-related matters, both within the immediate team and amongst internal clients;
- Candidates must have excellent written and spoken English, in particular an ability to summarise and analyse large amounts of information.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work using own initiative and as a team member, maintaining a professional positive attitude at all times is essential
Our research shows that our clients and our employees would describe us as energetic, entrepreneurial & driven.
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.