Knowledge & Information Officer
We're recruiting for a Knowledge & Information Officer to be based in our Bristol Head office. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of our Knowledge Management team, who service the whole firm in managing not just the legal technical knowledge but also knowledge about our clients, sectors we operate in and internal operations. As a Knowledge & Information Officer you will be responsible for supporting our Banking and Financial Service teams, supporting with a range of duties, including legal and business research for client matters and business development.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will receive a bespoke, on-going training programme to ensure you develop your commercial and technical skills to allow you to deliver the varied workload to a high standard. As a member of our Support team you will be a vital part of our continued success. There isn't an "us and them" mentality and you will be recognised for your hard work and support.
As a Knowledge & Information Officer we expect you to deliver the following:
- Ensure that all internal clients (fee earning and business services) have access to knowledge and information resources which meet business needs cost effectively.
- Source and deliver a range of services and systems which facilitate timely access to and retrieval of relevant and current information.
- Train internal clients so they have the expertise to research efficiently using the services and systems provided.
- Build a strong network with staff at all levels across the organisation to advise and encourage the sharing and use of knowledge.
- Develop and maintain knowledge and information resources, including intranet work and know how.
The Ideal Candidate
TLT looks for talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, willingness to embrace team working and 'think firm,' and a passion for client service. The successful Knowledge & Information Officer will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Knowledge in Information Science, with preferably a degree or equivalent in Information Science or related discipline.
- Experience working in a professional services or corporate office environment but we will also consider graduates who have the desire and aspiration to move in to the legal information field and progress.
- Experience of online research is desirable.
- Be able to manage demanding workloads with strict deadlines and you will possess strong project management skills.
- Exceptional time management, planning and organisational skills, a methodical approach and a keen eye for detail.
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate.
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance. You will have discounted rates for the latest mobile phones and discounted gym memberships.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.