Knowledge Management Assistant
We are recruiting for a Knowledge Management Assistant to join our busy Knowledge Management team in Bristol. This is an excellent opportunity to join a thriving team supporting all service functions within the Knowledge Management team and assisting with various projects and initiatives as needed. In particular, you will assist the research team; the intranet team and the professional support lawyers through the provision of core administrative processes.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will receive a bespoke, on-going training programme to ensure you develop your commercial and technical skills to allow you to deliver the varied workload to a high standard. As a member of our Support team you will be a vital part of our continued success. There isn't an "us and them" mentality and you will be recognised for your hard work and support.
As a Knowledge Management Assistant your day to day remit includes:
- Assisting in the preparation and distribution of internal current awareness newsletters on the law; our sectors and clients.
- Inbox management for the research service including distributing news alerts; sourcing and delivering articles from subscription services; and ordering company information reports as requested.
- Responsible for booking rooms and equipment for legal training sessions; team meetings and supporting with diary management for the Head of Knowledge Management.
- Video editing recorded training sessions or other internal recordings for KM and Business Development.
- Uploading know how to our internal know how system and including the profiling of course material profiling and legal insights.
- Preparing the weekly new starters intranet article and the news bulletin for distribution
- With support from the KM Systems Manager, re-write intranet content to improve user experience and publish news stories as requested.
- Manage the review and archive of older client extranet sites.
- Working closely with the team to ensure there is cover for all regular tasks when required.
- Undertaking any other tasks for the KM team and Professional Support Lawyers as and when required.
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- Experience with knowledge management systems, processes and procedures, together with an understanding of the legal services sector (desirable but not essential).
- Proven strong IT skills in MS Office packages and the ability to learn new IT packages.
- Proven ability to form and maintain highly effective working relationships with all levels of seniority.
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to clearly and accurately convey information.
- Outstanding organisational skills with the ability to be flexible in managing tasks and workload on a daily basis.
- Tenacious approach to project management, delivery and follow-up.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Effective telephone communication skills.
- Demonstrates a conscientious, 'can-do' attitude.
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.