Knowledge Systems Officer
We are currently recruiting for a Knowledge Management Systems Officer to be based in Bristol or Manchester office.
As KM Systems Officer at TLT you will be responsible for supporting any of the following key systems: SharePoint intranet, survey platform, internal collaboration software (MS Teams), client extranet platform (Collaborate) and e-signature solution (DocuSign), plus automated document drafting solution and AI/contract analysis tool.
This is a role for an organised individual to provide day-to-day support and management for colleagues across the firm and clients. The individual will be able to meet deadlines, have an eye for detail, demonstrate a common-sense approach and have strong communication skills
- Providing support for the extranet platform, assisting with training for fee earners and other colleagues across the firm and troubleshooting any client queries.
- Creating extranet file transfer sites, managing user access according to governance standards and archiving sites to ensure storage levels are managed effectively.
- Along with the Senior KM Systems Officer, building extranet solutions for new and existing clients and providing assistance for BD activities and tenders in proposing extranet solutions and developing demo sites as required.
- Providing support for TLT's e-signature solution, including usage reporting, providing training and troubleshooting.
- Managing tasks as part of the firm’s joiners, leavers and transfers process, including maintenance of logins for various KM systems (eg. extranet and e-signature solutions) and staff intranet profiles, according to TLT governance standards.
- Helping to develop and create surveys, advising on best practice and how to make full use of available functionality.
- Assisting in creating user guides and videos for the various KM systems to help support colleagues across the firm.
- Writing, editing and publishing news stories on our intranet according to house style and editorial guidelines.
- Working with the KM Systems Manager to regularly review, maintain and develop our intranet to meet user needs, and support the migration of content to a new platform.
- Facilitate and work with intranet stakeholders and the KM Systems Manager to gather requirements, develop, test and deliver innovative internal solutions, eg. using workflow and automation.
- Advising intranet contributors and site owners on recommended content, layout and development of intranet pages and sites, with a focus on task-based content and user-centred design principles.
- Undertaking any other tasks for the KM team and Professional Support Lawyers as and when required and supporting the whole firm and clients in relation to key KM systems.
- Supporting the KM team with any other ad-hoc tasks as required (eg. to cover for leave), including support for ad-hoc projects involving KM systems
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- Experience of managing content and/or creating solutions using either SharePoint intranets or client extranets is essential (additional training can be given for one or the other).
- A curious attitude and keen approach to learning new technologies is essential.
- Experience of working with e-signature solutions, survey tools or other automated systems (such as workflow, document automation) is desirable.
- Excellent communication skills, written and spoken English.
- A highly competent user of the Microsoft Office suite, ideally O365 including MS Teams.
- Experience of data migration and database maintenance is desirable.
- Have previous experience of working in a professional services environment
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com .
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.