Knowledge and Information Officer
We're recruiting for a Knowledge &Information Officer to be based in our Glasgowoffice. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of our Knowledge Management team, who service thefirm in managingnot just the legal technical knowledge but also knowledge about our clients, sectors we operate in and internal operations.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will receive a bespoke, on-going training programme to ensure you develop your commercial and technical skills to allow you to deliver the varied workload to a high standard. As a member of our Support team you will be a vital part of our continued success. There isn't an "us and them" mentality and you will be recognised for your hard work and support.
As a Knowledge & Information Officer we expect you to deliver the following:
- Ensure that internal clients (fee earning and business services) have access to knowledge and information resources which meet business needs cost effectively.
- Training of internal clients so they have the expertise to research efficiently using the services and systems provided.
- Promote what is available to raise awareness of information resources.
- Contributing to the development of the service provided by the Knowledge Management team, in alignment with the firm's business strategy.
- Undertake legal and business research to provide support with client matters and business development activities.
- Develop and maintain knowledge and information resources, including intranet work, precedents and knowhow.
- Providie a current awareness service, including developing and distributing client facing news bulletins, internal legal bulletins as well as tracking cases, legislation and companies etc as required.
The Ideal Candidate
TLT looks for talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, willingness to embrace team working and 'think firm,' and a passion for client service. The successful Knowledge & Information Officer will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Experience working in a professional services or corporate office environment is desirable but not essential.
- You will possess the ability to develop a good understanding of the work of the legal practice areas to appreciate internal clients' information needs, to identify relevant knowledge and effectively draft/edit summaries and disseminate such content.
- Experience of online research is desirable.Â
- You will be able to manage demanding workloads with strict deadlines and you will possess strong project management skills.
- You will have exceptional time management, planning and organisational skills, a methodical approach and a keen eye for detail.
- You will be able to build a credible reputation as a trusted advisor on information-related matters, both within the immediate team and amongst internal clients.
- Candidates must have excellent written and verbal skills, in particular an ability to summarise and analyse large amounts of information.Â
- You will be educated to degree level.
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.