Learning & Development Consultant
We have an opportunity for someone to join us an lead the Learning and Development agenda for the firm.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will receive a bespoke, on-going training programme to ensure you develop your commercial and technical skills to allow you to deliver the varied workload to a high standard. As a member of our Business Services team you will be a vital part of our continued success. There isn't an "us and them" mentality and you will be recognised for your hard work and support.
As a Learning and Development consultant you will be expected to deliver the following:
- Lead the Learning and Development agenda, using blended techniques and adopting the 70/20/10 approach to learning, act as the first point of contact providing advice and guidance on all aspects of learning and development.
- Work with the business to analyse training needs, develop, co-ordinate and maintain learning programmes to ensure that all learning is delivered in line with business goals.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of programmes delivered and provide input to continuously improve practices.
- Develop relationships with external training suppliers, e.g. for technical and business skills training and support the OD function in procuring new solutions when required.
- Work with internal subject matter experts to design and deliver workshops and skills sessions as required
- Work with the future talent team on the coordination of our trainee solicitor and apprenticeships programmes
- Redesign and develop the day 1 onboarding experience to aid smooth transtition into role and ongpoing learning interventions
- Design and develop new manager and ongoing learning programmes to make sure our line mamagers acquire the best competence they can
- Maintain networks and continuous professional development, keeping up to date with the latest approaches to learning and development.
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Experience in learning and development theory and application.
- Experience of working with subject matter experts in the design and delivery of training materials.
- A good level of computer literacy Microsoft Office.
- The ability to work with and understand bespoke systems quickly
- Project Management skills.
- Experience of working with Learning Management Systems.
- CIPD Certificate in Training Practice (or equivalent qualification) - (desirable)
- Experience of working within a law firm and knowledge of regulatory training requirements for the profession - (desirable)
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team onHR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com. Or if you prefer our dedicated Diversity and Corporate Responsibility Advisor, Tanya Williams firstname.lastname@example.org
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
Were an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, weve grown considerably in the last three years and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, were always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if youre dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and well give you everything you need to thrive.