Legal Assistant - Document Review and Collation
We are recruiting for a Paralegal to join our Document Review and Collation team in Bristol. This is an excellent opportunity for you as a Paralegal working in our Bristol office, to support both contentious and non-contentious fee earners from across the firm with the review and collation of documents including pre-action disclosure, data access requests and the creation of court bundles.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will develop your technical and commercial skills through bespoke know how and development programmes ensuring you exceed all expectations. We have a flat hierarchy and you will be a highly valued member of the team and firm and we will ensure your hard work is recognised.
As a Paralegal your day to day remit includes:
- Undertaking a first level review of documents for key issues or terms in order to assist other teams in the firm (such as commercial and banking litigation) with disclosure and pre-action disclosure
- Following guidance on privacy laws in order to undertake a first level review for Data Subject Access Requests
- Using e-disclosure platforms and specific systems (full training provided)
- Taking detailed instructions from fee earners around the firm and providing regular updates on progress
- Creating bundles and document lists for mediations, trials and employment tribunals
- Contributing to training materials and the development of the team
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- Previous legal assistant experience is preferable.
- Excellent communication skill (both oral and written).
- Accuracy, good organisational skills and flexibility.
- Experience of the disclosure process including knowledge on privilege would be preferable.
- Experience on Data Subject Access Requests would be preferable.
- Good knowledge of Word and Outlook is required and experience in Excel, PowerPoint, interwoven, and Relativity would be beneficial.
- Must be able to work independently and time manage effectively in order to hit deadlines
- Must also be a team player in a busy team, helping colleagues appropriately
- Ability to manage your financial outputs carefully
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate.
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.