Legal Assistant - Leisure and Retail
We are currently recruiting for a Paralegal/Legal Assistant to join our Real Estate – Leisure & Retail team in Manchester. Our Leisure & Retail team is one of 7 teams in our Real Estate Group and works on acquisitions, disposals, refinancing and estate management across a variety of different sized portfolios. We support many of the sector's leading pub companies, brewers, clubs, restaurants, event venues, fitness clubs, hotels and visitor attractions, helping them stay ahead in a highly competitive market.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will develop your technical and commercial skills through bespoke knowhow and development programmes ensuring you exceed all expectations. We have a flat hierarchy and you will be a highly valued member of the team and firm and we will ensure your hard work is recognised.
As a Paralegal / Legal Assistant your day to day remit includes:
- Run your own caseload as well as assisting others on larger transactions/projects.
- Provide all our clients with a quality service in accordance with the Firm's procedures.
- Maintain and improve relations with existing clients and spot opportunities for business development and enhancement of the current services we offer.
- Achieve the budget and targets set by the firm.
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- Previous experience in a legal assistant or chartered legal executive role and ideally commercial property is preferable.
- Ability to manage a busy and varied workload.
- Strong client service ethic.
- Enthusiastic and team approach to learning.
- A desire to learn and develop legal skills in the area of real estate, an understanding of what TLT does and what our clients do and how they work.
- Demonstrate excellent organisational skills, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Have good communication skills (both oral and written) and be a good team worker and communicator.
- Be flexible.
- Have a fundamental belief that excellent service is the goal in all tasks, internal and external.
- Have high standards for their own performance and contribution.
- Good IT skills – a good knowledge of Word and Outlook. Experience in Excel and Case management systems would be beneficial.
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com. Or if you prefer our dedicated Diversity and Corporate Responsibility Advisor, Tanya Williams on firstname.lastname@example.org
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.