Legal Assistant (Paralegal) - Conflicts
We are recruiting a Legal Assistant / Paralegal to join our Conflicts team in Bristol. The Conflicts team provide a vital service to all of the departments within TLT. You will be responsible for conflict requests from across the firm, making important decisions on conflicts of interest by taking into account both the regulatory obligations and the business needs of the firm.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will develop your technical and commercial skills through bespoke knowhow and development programmes ensuring you exceed all expectations. We have a flat hierarchy and you will be a highly valued member of the team and firm and we will ensure your hard work is recognised.
As a Paralegal your day to day remit includes:
- Conducting and analysing potential conflicts of interest by using conflicts database searches.
- Liaising with fee earners and others within the firm to mitigate any risks that are identified in the search results.
- Escalating potential conflicts of interest to risk and compliance where appropriate.
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- Experience of working in the legal sector.
- The role would suit someone with previous experience of conflict checking who is keen to progress into a legal assistant position.
- Good research and analytical skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and to deadlines in a fast paced environment.
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate.
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance. You will have discounted rates for the latest mobile phones and discounted gym memberships.
About the Company
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.