Legal Assistant / Paralegal - Probate
We are recruiting for a Legal Assistant / Paralegal to join our Probate team in Bristol. The successful Probate Legal Assistant / Paralegal will play an integral part in the continued success and growth of this highly valued team. The culture of the team is very supportive and open; there are real opportunities for you to build a successful career within this environment.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will develop your technical and commercial skills through bespoke knowhow and development programmes ensuring you exceed all expectations. We have a flat hierarchy and you will be a highly valued member of the team and firm and we will ensure your hard work is recognised.
As a Legal Assistant your day to day remit includes:
- Carrying out probate work. This will be a combination of working for TLT clients and also acting on estates where a bank is executor of estates for high net worth individuals.
- Working with supervision as part of a team on complex estates often high value and involving discretionary Wills, and nil rate band Wills (with business assets).
- Will drafting.
- Trust drafting and administration
- Powers of attorney and mental capacity law.
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- At least 1 years' "hands on" experience in estate administration - experience of all stages of probate and excellent client facing skills.
- The ability to prioritise work and meet strict timescales
- Excellent IT skills, in particular ability to work with trust and estate accounts based on Excel
- Able to deal with clients with empathy and professionalism
- Confident and able to exercise initiative
- Strong written and oral communication skills
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate.
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance. You will have discounted rates for the latest mobile phones and discounted gym memberships.
About the Company
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.