Legal Assistant - Property Litigation
We are recruiting for a Legal Assistant/Paralegal to join our Property Litigation team in Manchester. This is an exciting opportunity where you will be working within a team who have a broad practice in property litigation, advising clients with expertise in the leisure, retail and financial services sectors on a wide variety of contentious matters. These include landlord and tenant disputes, rent reviews and lease renewals under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954 and contractual disputes.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will develop your technical and commercial skills through bespoke knowhow and development programmes ensuring you exceed all expectations. We have a flat hierarchy and you will be a highly valued member of the team and firm and we will ensure your hard work is recognised.
As a Legal Assistant/Paralegal your day to day remit includes:
- Work with our property litigators across the UK advising on all aspects of commercial property disputes (more limited residential disputes) and estate management issues.
- Working with colleagues across the firm to support their service lines needing input from property litigation.
- To achieve the budgets set by the firm.
- To assist others in the achievement of their objectives and supervise more junior members of the team.
- To work so as to achieve the firm's business objectives.
- To participate in business development initiatives.
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- You should have a law degree or have passed the law conversion course
- No prior experience of property litigation is required although experience of either property or litigation would be beneficial
- A desire to learn and develop legal skills in the area of property litigation; what TLT does and what our clients do/how they work
- Good organisational skills and ability to 'juggle' a busy and varied workload.
- High standards of client service essential
- Excellent communication skills - high volume of interaction via the telephone.
- Enthusiasm and team approach to working
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com . Or if you prefer our dedicated Diversity and Corporate Responsibility Advisor, Tanya Williams on email@example.com
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.