We are recruiting for a Legal Assistant to join the Can I Act team in Bristol. This is a great opportunity to join a thriving shared service team, who undertake volume compliance tasks on behalf of the firm. The goal is for CIA to broaden their scope of services and become a complete client intake team, dealing with all tasks associated with taking on new clients and matters, such as conflict checking, client due diligence and matter inception.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will develop your technical and commercial skills through bespoke knowhow and development programmes ensuring you exceed all expectations. We have a flat hierarchy and you will be a highly valued member of the team and firm and we will ensure your hard work is recognised.
As a Legal Assistant your day to day remit includes:
- To conduct and analyse potential conflicts of interest by using conflicts database searches.
- To liaise with fee earners and others within the firm to mitigate any risks that are identified in conflict search results.
- To be able to make decisions on conflicts of interest, taking into account both the regulatory obligations and the business needs of the firm.
- To escalate potential conflicts of interest to risk and compliance where appropriate.
- To be alert to potential commercial conflicts and ensure these are handled appropriately.
- To gain a good understanding of the SRA Code of Conduct rules relating to conflicts of interest and the duties of confidentiality and disclosure.
- To have an awareness of anti-money laundering regulations affecting law firms in relation to client due diligence (CDD).
- To review and analyse CDD documents from fee earning teams to ensure compliance with anti-money laundering regulations, identifying what is missing, and referring where necessary to Risk & Compliance.
- To specify CDD requirements and assisting fee earners with any CDD related queries they have, seeking enhanced information when necessary.
- To review company information databases, research organisations, and conduct electronic verification searches on clients and third parties using bespoke software.
- To help ensure that the teams service level agreements are met.
- To assist with any other daily tasks related to the resolution of conflicts of interest and CDD compliance as required.
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following:
- Legal qualification desired but not essential.
- Previous experience of working in compliance for a law firm in the areas of conflict checking and CDD/KYC.
- Good research and analytical skills.
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to prioritise workload.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to deal with people of all levels.
- Ability to work well under pressure and to deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Accurate data inputting, attention to detail and accuracy.
- Good IT skills.
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com . Or if you prefer our dedicated Diversity and Corporate Responsibility Advisor, Tanya Williams on firstname.lastname@example.org
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive