Legal Assistant (3 month FTC)
We are recruiting for a Junior Legal Assistant to join our Corporate Team in Bristol and support our Corporate Professional Support Lawyer on a 3 month FTC. This is a great opportunity to develop your career by providing support for a hardworking, fast-paced, and award winning team which deals with multi million pound transactions.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will develop your technical and commercial skills through bespoke knowhow and development programmes ensuring you exceed all expectations. We have a flat hierarchy and you will be a highly valued member of the team and firm and we will ensure your hard work is recognised.
As a Corporate PSL junior legal assistant, your day to day role will include:
- Coordinating the booking of external training for the Corporate team and subsequent invoice payments
- Record keeping including managing documents (both online and in hard copy), taking minutes of meetings and maintaining attendance registers
- Creating and amending documents in line with guidance from your supervisor
- Dealing with stakeholders in the business by phone/e-mail, taking messages and general calls
- Preparing correspondence (largely e-mails) and completing standard documents and processes
- Supporting our Corporate PSL on business development initiatives
- Supporting our Corporate PSL on precedent work, particularly liaising with internal teams and proof-reading
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- Enthusiasm and a desire to learn and develop legal skills in the area of Corporate work.
- Excellent communication skills - ability to draft clear communications and a good telephone manner are essential.
- Good organisational and project management skills including the ability to multi-task, work to multiple deadlines and pro-actively manage personal and team calendars.
- Good eye for detail and confidence to ask questions.
- Candidates will need experience of Word, Outlook, Powerpoint and Excel.
- Good humoured, pro-active and positive outlook.
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com.
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.