Legal Assistant - Real Estate
We're recruiting for a Legal Assistant to join our Real Estate team in Manchetser. You will be working directly with a partner, a legal director and a solicitor in relation to non contentious real estate elements of commercial lending. You will be part of the financial services segment which is one of seven teams within this group; you will be undertaking a range of duties including title check and reports on title, freehold and leasehold disposals, title due diligence and other transactional support for financing projects.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will develop your technical and commercial skills through bespoke knowhow and development programmes ensuring you exceed all expectations. We have a flat hierarchy and you will be a highly valued member of the team and firm and we will ensure your hard work is recognised.
As a Legal Assistant your day to day remit includes:
- Dealing with title checks and reports on title, freehold and leasehold disposals, landlord and tenant work and Land Registry applications in relation to secured lending recoveries and some public sector matters.
- Title due diligence and other transactional support for financing projects.
- Assisting with large financing transactions and loan sales/acquisitions
- To provide all our clients with a quality service in accordance with the Firm’s procedures.
- To maintain and improve relations with existing clients and spot opportunities for business development and enhancement of the current services we offer.
- To achieve the budget and targets set by the Firm.
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- Existing Real Estate experience is essential.
- Good eye for detail.
- Working with case management systems.
- Ability to juggle a busy and varied workload.
- High standards of client service essential.
- Excellent communication skills - high volume of interaction via the telephone.
- Good IT skills.
- Enthusiastic & team approach to working.
- A desire to learn and develop legal skills in the area of development, housing and commercial property, what TLT does and what our clients do/how they work
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com.
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.