This is a fantastic opportunity for a Legal Assistant to join our growing Financial Services Disputes and Investigations team in Belfast working with major clients in the banking sector. Our FSDI team is one of the largest teams in the market offering litigation services to banks, mortgage lenders and insurers. Our Belfast team also works on a variety of commercial litigation on behalf of businesses throughout Northern Ireland including high value debt recovery, contractual disputes, and property litigation.
Once you are in the role of Legal Assistant you will deliver the following:
• The role is in litigation, with an emphasis on professional negligence, banking litigation and general commercial litigation.
• Junior fee earning case work including being responsible for your own cases, under supervision.
• Investigating and analysing claims, preparing draft advices.
• Assisting solicitors with preparing disclosure bundles.
• Instructing experts and carrying out Initial review of expert reports
• Drafting correspondence
• Reviewing disclosure documents received from other parties
• Preparing loss calculations
• Managing key dates
• Assisting with recording, reporting on and analysing Management Information
• Assisting with billing
• The team in Belfast currently consists of two Partners, two associates, five solicitors and eight support staff.
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- Previous legal assistant experience is useful (but not essential) and this should ideally be in litigation.
• An interest in working in the legal field is essential.
• Excellent communication skills (both oral and written).
• Excellent organisational and time management skills as well as attention to detail
• Good knowledge of Word and Outlook is required and experience in Excel, PowerPoint and document management experience would be beneficial.
• An ability and willingness to work as part of a busy team with a significant case load.
• An ability to work on own initiative but under supervision.
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate.
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Company
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.