Legal Assistants - FSDI
We are recruiting Legal Assistants for our Financial Services Disputes and Investigations team, one of the few teams outside London to specialise in contentious work for banks, mortgage lenders and other financial services providers.
Based in our Manchester Office, the successful Legal Assistants will play an integral part in the continued success and growth of this highly valued team. The culture of the team is very supportive and open; there are real opportunities for you to build a successful career within this environment. The team has grown steadily over the last three years and further growth is envisaged and planned moving forward.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will develop your technical and commercial skills through bespoke knowhow and development programmes ensuring you exceed all expectations. We have a flat hierarchy and you will be a highly valued member of the team and firm and we will ensure your hard work is recognised.
As a legal assistant your day to day remit includes:
- Running your own busy case load subject to supervision.
- Assisting more senior members of the team with more complex cases.
- Drafting proceedings, court applications, correspondence and other key legal documents.
- Checking and collating documents including court bundles.
- Preparing legal disclosure.
- Junior fee earning case work including instructing experts, agents and counsel.
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- Previous Legal Assistant / Paralegal experience, ideally in litigation.
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written).
- Accuracy, good organisational skills and flexibility.
- Ability to work well as part of a busy team.
- Good knowledge of Word and Outlook is required and experience in Excel
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com.
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.