Legal Secretary - 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
We're recruiting for a Legal Secretary (12 month FTC) to support our Tax and Estate Planning Team which is part of our Private Business group in Bristol. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a team with a strong international practice. As a Legal Secretary you will carry out secretarial and administrative tasks, working for 5 fee earners and provide assistance to others in the team and group when required.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will develop your technical and commercial skills through bespoke know how and development programmes ensuring you exceed all expectations. We have a flat hierarchy and you will be a highly valued member of the team and firm and we will ensure your hard work is recognised.
As a Legal Secretary your day to day remit includes:
- Digital dictation (audio typing).
- Creating/amending Wills, LPAs and other documents and correspondence.
- Dealing with clients, agents etc by phone and in person. Taking messages and general calls.
- Taking minutes in meetings, done on a rota basis between secretaries.
- Paper filing and electronic filing and general admin duties such as faxing and photocopying.
- Assisting the Team with overflow typing.
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- Strong IT systems skills.
- Experience of Laserforms, Excel, Outlook and Workshare would be an advantage.
- Experience of document management systems although training will be given in Interwoven if it has not been used before.
- Excellent communication skills with a good telephone manner and client care expertise are essential.
- Accuracy, sound organisational skills and flexibility are also required along with previous secretarial experience in a legal environment.
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate.
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance. You will have discounted rates for the latest mobile phones and discounted gym memberships.
About the Company
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.