Legal Secretary - Commercial
We are currently recruiting for a Legal Secretary to join our Commercial team in either London, Glasgow or Bristol. This is an excellent opportunity which will allow you to provide assistance to senior fee earners. You will be providing a full range of secretarial and administrative support including answering telephone calls, dealing with clients and arranging meetings.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will develop your technical and commercial skills through bespoke knowhow and development programmes ensuring you exceed all expectations. We have a flat hierarchy and you will be a highly valued member of the team and firm and we will ensure your hard work is recognised.
As a Legal Secretary your day to day remit includes:
- Provide monthly financial fee/WIP reports directly to clients in a timely manner.
- Provide accurate monthly invoicing/billing and deal with invoice queries in a timely manor. Work with the Credit Control team to ensure bill/invoices are paid on time by the client.
- Act as administration coordinator for the DIT panel. Tasks will include billing, monthly reporting and ad hoc reporting
- Dealing with clients by phone, taking messages and general calls. Responding to client queries and escalating only as appropriate.
- Proactive diary, travel and accommodation management, to include international travel.
- Updating and maintaining contact information for clients on Interaction.
- Proving administration and coordination support to partner in Group Business Development Partner role to include coordination and liaising with the Group Business Development Manager.
- Provide administration and coordination support to partner with International Trade work
- Occasional formatting and amending of documents.
- Provide support with procurement team management to include reports monthly supervision meetings and annual appraisals.
- Supporting cross office working covering other secretarial absence as and when required.
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- Experience of Outlook for Emails and Diary Management.
- Excellent communication skills with a good telephone manner and client care expertise.
- Accuracy, sound organisational skills and attention to detail are required.
- Ability to be flexible managing tasks and workload on a daily basis.
- Previous legal experience is essential and this should ideally be in Commercial Services.
- Strong IT systems skills in Word and Outlook, and experience of iManage/Interwoven, Connect, PowerPoint and Excel would be beneficial.
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com