Legal Secretary - Commercial
We are recruiting for a Legal Secretary to join our Commercial team in Manchester. This is a great opportunity to join a reputable team in a supporting capacity, providing secretarial assistance to fee earners. You will be involved in copy and audio typing, diary management, client communications and assisting with preparing bills.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will develop your technical and commercial skills through bespoke knowhow and development programmes ensuring you exceed all expectations. We have a flat hierarchy and you will be a highly valued member of the team and firm and we will ensure your hard work is recognised.
As a Legal Secretary your day to day remit includes:
- Digital dictation (audio typing), including preparing and amending documents.
- Creating/amending documents. Documents will include contracts, transfers etc.
- Dealing with clients by phone, taking messages, answering queries and general calls.
- Filing, electronic filing and general admin duties such as faxing and photocopying.
- Assisting the segment Team/Group with overflow typing.
- Managing diary appointments and making arrangements for meetings
- Assisting with team billing.
- Client contact in relation to setting up meetings, assisting with billing queries etc.
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- Legal secretarial experience is essential ideally in a commercial team environment.
- Strong IT systems skills are required with strong expertise in Microsoft Office packages.
- Experience of Outlook for Emails and Diary Management.
- Experience of Laserforms and Workshare would be an advantage.
- Excellent communication skills with a good telephone manner and client care expertise are essential.
- Excellent accuracy, attention to detail, sound organisational skills and flexibility are also required along with previous secretarial experience in a legal environment.
- Candidates should ideally be experienced with Copy & Audio typing (digital dictation)- 65wpm/90%+ accuracy.
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com . Or if you prefer our dedicated Diversity and Corporate Responsibility Advisor, Tanya Williams on email@example.com
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.