Legal Secretary - Construction
We're recruiting for a Legal Secretary to join the specialist Projects, Infrastructure and Construction team in London. This is an excellent opportunity to join a team which provides a comprehensive service to a wide ranging client base which includes property developers, investors, multi-nationals and public sector organisations. The team also works closely with other in-house specialists, for example, intellectual property, planning, land acquisition, development and management when needed. You will be providing full secretarial support to two Partners and four fee earners within this team, supporting with filing, diary management and travel arrangements.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will develop your technical and commercial skills through bespoke knowhow and development programmes ensuring you exceed all expectations. We have a flat hierarchy and you will be a highly valued member of the team and firm and we will ensure your hard work is recognised.
As a Legal Secretary our day to day remit includes:
- Digital dictation (audio typing)
- Creating and amending documents. For example, precedent documents, leases, licenses, contracts, transfers
- Managing diary appointments and arranging both internal and external meetings
- Dealing with clients and agents by phone, taking messages and general calls
- Assisting with management of inbox emails i.e. redirecting as appropriate during absence, saving and e-filing within software package
- Reconciling Partner expenses
- Updating and maintaining contact information for clients on Interaction
- Making travel and accommodation arrangements for fee earners
- Maintaining client matters: opening new files, arranging conflict checks, archived completed files
- Supporting the Secretarial Team Leader with overflow secretarial tasks during busy periods or to cover secretarial leave
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- Candidates will need previous experience as a legal secretary and excellent knowledge of Word
- Experience with Excel, Outlook, Interwoven and PowerPoint would all be an advantage
- Excellent communication skills with a good telephone manner and client care expertise are essential
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com . Or if you prefer our dedicated Diversity and Corporate Responsibility Advisor, Tanya Williams on email@example.com
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.