Legal Secretary - Corporate
An exciting opportunity for a Legal Secretary to join our Corporate team in our busy Bristol office. TLT LLP's Corporate team is a national practice which has grown rapidly to be one of the largest corporate practices in the South West and Wales and now operates nationally out of the firm's offices in London, Manchester, Glasgow and Belfast as well as the head office in Bristol. As a Legal Secretary, you will be reporting to one of the eight Partners in the Team, supporting a number of fee earners in that office and also across the team and prioritising workload and managing time accordingly.
The team has a reputation for being driven and responsive, prioritising excellent client communication and care, supporting clients and each other on complex, high-value transactions to tight timescales in a calm, clear and professional manner - with good humour.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will develop your technical and commercial skills through bespoke knowhow and development programmes ensuring you exceed all expectations. We have a flat hierarchy and you will be a highly valued member of the team and firm and we will ensure your hard work is recognised
Once you are in the role of Legal Secretary, you will deliver the following:
- Reporting to one of the eight Partners in the Corporate Team based in the Bristol office, supporting a number of fee earners.
- Assisting the Partner to whom you report on a daily basis, including calendar, meeting, call and email management and travel management, internally and with clients, as well as general admin support.
- Providing daily admin and document support to other allocated members of the team as part of the team secretarial allocation.
- Flexibility in terms of hours may be required from time to time, especially supporting transactions at peak periods.
- Creating/amending complex agreements and documents for corporate transactions, often to a tight timescale and including manuscript and locally saved comments from a number of fee earners.
- Ability to housestyle documents as well as formatting documents.
- Updating and maintaining contact information for clients on Interaction CRM software.
- Updating Critical Dates Diary on a rotation basis, Statutory Books Register and Deeds Index.
- Ability to deal with large quantities of invoices each month end from partners.
- Use of SOS Connect is also required to produce and re-format billed time, unbilled time and ledger breakdowns, third party invoices, crediting and reissuing invoices as instructions change and arrange high value transfers by TT and BACS from client account to clients, often preparing Excel spreadsheets to calculate proceeds payable to multiple parties.
- Reconcile expenses.
- Ability to prepare transaction and data room bibles and transfer to CDs.
- Set up data rooms, upload documents and prepare indexes as well as prepare first draft ancillary documents, post completion documents or correspondence under instruction from the relevant fee earner to include standard letters to client, third parties and agents and first draft engagement letters.
- Update statutory books and complete Companies House filings post completion under instruction from the relevant fee earner when required
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service.
You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- Strong IT systems skills are essential, including strong Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- A strong knowledge of SOS Connect billing is essential
- Experience of Outlook for Emails and Diary Management.
- Excellent communication skills with a good, confident, telephone manner and client care expertise are essential.
- Accuracy, sound organisational skills and attention to detail are required.
- Ability to be flexible managing tasks and variable workload on a daily basis is also essential.
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1350 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.