Legal Secretary - Corporate
This is an exciting opportunity for a Legal Secretary to join our Corporate team in our busy Manchester office. The award winning TLT Corporate team is comprised of 16 partners and 35 lawyers and operates across our Manchester, Bristol, London, Belfast and Glasgow offices, of which 14 lawyers are based in our Manchester office. We are one of the fastest growing and busiest corporate teams in the UK with double digit growth in each of the last three years.
Our team of corporate experts has substantial experience advising clients on mergers and acquisitions (M&A), having acted on complex and high-profile deals. We advise both the buyers and sellers of businesses, from individual entrepreneurs to international corporations. We also work with investors and management teams on ‘buy and build’ and repeat transactions as well as their exits.
The team is supported by experienced transaction lawyers from our specialist teams at TLT, including commercial, tax, employment, real estate, pensions and incentives, banking and competition. We understand the UK M&A market and have a strong market reputation of taking a commercial, pragmatic and cost-efficient approach to deliver proactive transaction management and fee certainty for our clients.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will develop your technical and commercial skills through bespoke knowhow and development programmes ensuring you exceed all expectations. We have a flat hierarchy and you will be a highly valued member of the team and firm and we will ensure your hard work is recognised
The successful applicant will work alongside an existing legal secretary/PA to provide support across the team, assisting all fee earners in the team in Manchester and, on some occasions, in other locations.In due course the post holder may be assigned to support specific fee earners.
Once you are in the role of Legal Secretary you will be responsible for the following:
- Digital dictation (audio typing)
- Creating/amending documents ranging from 1 page to 300 pages
- Dealing with clients by phone, including taking and passing on messages
- Arranging meetings and assisting with general diary management of the team members
- Assisting with file opening, obtaining client ID (for anti-money laundering requirements)
- Filing and general admin duties such as photocopying and scanning
- Assisting the team with office and other tasks as appropriate, such as scheduling client documents, tracking the movement of deeds and closing files
- Review of incoming emails and dealing with as appropriate
- Assisting with management of emails, i.e. saving and filing
- Ability to house style non-TLT documents
- Creating and amending PowerPoint presentations; Excel spreadsheets and electronic flowcharts and diagrams
- Dealing with a range of client specific billing requirements and generating bills on a monthly basis
- Travel and accommodation arrangements for fee earners and dealing with expenses claims
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service.
Candidates will have:
- Experience of supporting professionals in the legal sector
- Genuine team player who enjoys working in a collegiate atmosphere
- Can do, proactive and helpful
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Experience of dealing with the provision of management reports, use of case management and use of collaborate/ extranets would be preferred.
- A strong ability to effectively self - manage a large workload within a busy team
- Excellent IT skills, including experience of Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent communication skills with a good telephone manner and client care expertise
- Accuracy, sound organisational skills and flexibility
- Previous secretarial experience (ideally within a corporate team)
- Experienced in Copy and Audio typing (digital dictation) at a level of 65+wpm/90% accuracy
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1350 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.