Legal Secretary - Corporate
We are currently recruiting for a Legal Secretary to join our corporate team in Belfast. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing team with a presence in our Bristol, Manchester, London and Belfast offices. You will be reporting to 1 of the 8 partners in the firm wide Corporate team, providing secretarial support.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will develop your technical and commercial skills through bespoke knowhow and development programmes ensuring you exceed all expectations. We have a flat hierarchy and you will be a highly valued member of the team and firm and we will ensure your hard work is recognised
As a Legal Secretary your day to day remit includes:
- Providing daily admin and document support to around five other allocated members of the team as part of the team secretarial allocation. All secretaries work collaboratively to provide mutual support, in addition to the allocation of designated fee earners.
- Creating/amending complex agreements and documents for corporate transactions (some being in excess of 100 pages), often to a tight timescale and including manuscript and locally saved comments from a number of fee earners.
- Filing, electronic filing and general admin duties such as copy typing, audio typing, photocopying and scanning.
- Ability to deal with large quantities of invoices each month end from a number of fee earners, including complicated invoicing where a large number of fee earners have worked on a matter from across the firm, involving the ability to split time and apportion time specifically to each fee earner, carrying forward some time and writing off time. A strong knowledge of SOS Connect billing is essential, as are strong numeracy skills.
- Frequent use of SOS Connect is also required to produce and re-format billed time, unbilled time and ledger breakdowns, third party invoices, crediting and reissuing invoices as instructions change and arrange high value transfers by TT and BACS from client account to clients, often preparing Excel spreadsheets to calculate proceeds payable to multiple parties.
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- Strong IT systems skills are essential, including strong Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Experience of Outlook for Emails and Diary Management.
- Excellent communication skills with a good, confident, telephone manner and client care expertise are essential.
- Accuracy, sound organisational skills and attention to detail are required.
- Ability to be flexible managing tasks and variable workload on a daily basis is also essential
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate.
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Company
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.