Legal Secretary - Employment
We are recruiting for a Legal Secretary to join our Employment, Commercial Dispute Resolution and Corporate team in Glasgow. This is a full-time opportunity providing legal secretarial and administrative support to around 4 fee earners.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will develop your technical and commercial skills through bespoke knowhow and development programmes ensuring you exceed all expectations. We have a flat hierarchy and you will be a highly valued member of the team and firm and we will ensure your hard work is recognised.
As a Legal Secretary your day to day remit includes:
- Digital dictation
- Creating/amending Court & Employment documents ranging from 1 page to 100 pages
- Creating and updating Excel spreadsheets reports
- Creating mail merge documentation when there is a requirement
- Dealing with a range of client specific billing requirements and generating a large number of bills on a monthly basis.
- Collating bundles for instructions to Counsel
- Assisting with Employment Tribunal preparation, including bundles
- Preparing documents for Proof
- Creating/amending/numbering documents and working with documents to ensure they are compliant with house style
- Drafting correspondence and completing standard documents
- Dealing with clients, Sheriff Courts, Counsel and Counsel's clerks by phone, taking messages and general calls
- Liaising with ACAS and Employment Tribunal Office, taking messages and making general calls when required
- Filing, electronic filing and general admin duties such as daily faxing and photocopying and scanning
- Managing diary appointments and making arrangements for meetings to include forward planning of Employment Partners diary, managing same and making travel arrangements as appropriate in partners absence
- Being the first point of contact in the Employment partners absence out of the office
- Making travel and accommodation arrangements for Employment partner and other fee earners when required
- Managing volume emails and word documents both online and hard copies.
- Undertaking file reviews with a view to identifying files for archiving and processing same with archiving team.
- General organisation of documentation and files
- Processing expenses
- Managing and updating partner and associates contacts within the client relationship management system and creating marketing lists when required
- Assisting and providing direct support to Employment partner will BD events and BD requirements, preparing PowerPoint presentations and hand-outs when required and generally being a first point of contact for the business development team on partner's behalf.
- Assisting the Secretarial Coordinator with overflow typing/other tasks across the Scottish business when there is a requirement
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- A confident, pro-active person who has the ability to use their initiative is essential.
- Excellent, first class communication skills (both oral and written) are essential.
- Ability to cope well when placed under pressure and juggling priorities proactively and ability to self organise is essential
- Accuracy, good organisational skills and flexibility are essential
- A good team player
- Previous Litigation experience - Court of Session and Sheriff Court work is essential
- Previous Employment experience is essential
- Excellent knowledge of reformatting documents, use of extensive numbering and track changes is essential
- Good knowledge of Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook is essential and experience in Lawsoft, Interwoven, Interaction and SOS Connect would be advantageous.
- Polished, professional PA skills are essential.
- Prior experience working in a large UK wide law firm is advantageous
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com . Or if you prefer our dedicated Diversity and Corporate Responsibility Advisor, Tanya Williams on email@example.com
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.