Legal Secretary - FSDI
We are currently recruiting for a Legal Secretary to join our Financial Services and Disputes department in London. This is an excellent opportunity to join a team who act for a range of UK banks, mortgage lenders, insurers and more. The team provide expertise in all types of litigation. You will be supporting a large team with a full range of secretarial tasks including digital dictation, document amendments/creation as well as assisting fee earners with financial management.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will develop your technical and commercial skills through bespoke knowhow and development programmes ensuring you exceed all expectations. We have a flat hierarchy and you will be a highly valued member of the team and firm and we will ensure your hard work is recognised.
As a Legal Secretary your day to day remit includes:
- Support the team by carrying out all secretarial tasks and help, when necessary, with all administrative tasks.
- Assisting the fee earners with financial management e.g. disbursements, client balances, dealing with a range of client specific billing requirements.
- Create the monthly invoices to be issued to the clients.
- Diary management for all fee earners; arranging internal and external appointments and, making arrangements for meetings; booking meetings rooms or external venues as required.
- Proof reading, amending and house styling legal reports and non TLT documents.
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- Previous Legal Secretary experienced within litigation is preferable
- Extensive experience in Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel are required.
- Experience in case management systems
- Exceptional prioritising/organisational skills.
- Strong ability to self manage a large workload in a busy team.
- Confident in delegation of work when necessary.
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com.
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.