Legal Secretary - Financial Litigation
We are recruiting for a Legal Secretary to join our Financial Services Disputes team in Bristol. Our Financial Services team is a growing and dedicated team of around 130 employees who act for a variety of financial service clients including banks, mortgage lenders and insurers. This is an excellent opportunity to join and support a busy team carrying out a range of legal secretarial duties including digital dictation, diary management, creating & amending documents and filing.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will develop your technical and commercial skills through bespoke knowhow and development programmes ensuring you exceed all expectations. We have a flat hierarchy and you will be a highly valued member of the team and firm and we will ensure your hard work is recognised.
As a Legal Secretary your day to day remit includes:
- Copy and audio typing/digital dictation.
- Answering telephone calls/dealing with clients/taking messages and arranging meetings.
- Filing and general admin duties such as faxing, photocopying, scanning, file opening and claiming expenses.
- Managing diary appointments and making arrangements for meetings to include forward planning of fee earner's diary and making travel arrangements as appropriate in fee earner's absence.
- Review of incoming emails and dealing with as appropriate.
- Assisting with management of emails; for example, saving, printing and filing.
- Preparing bills and assisting with collation of bills and reporting to clients.
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- Copy and audio typing/digital dictation (some training will be provided)
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written).
- Attention to detail, good organisational skills and flexibility.
- Previous office experience is desirable but not necessary, ideally within a medium sized firm or professional services company.
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook is required.
- A good team player and able to work well as part of a team to support the fee earners.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Able to deal with a high volume of typing.
- A pro-active person who likes to use their initiative, willing to take responsibility and able to prioritise work.
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate.
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance. You will have discounted rates for the latest mobile phones and discounted gym memberships.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.