Legal Secretary - PIC
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Legal Secretary to join our Projects Infrastructure and Construction team in Bristol.
Part of the Commercial Services Group, the specialist Projects, Infrastructure and Construction team provides a comprehensive service to a wide ranging client base which includes property developers, investors, multi-nationals and public sector organisations.
The team works closely with other in-house specialists e.g. intellectual property, planning, land acquisition, development and management when needed.
The team comprises seven Partners, three Associates, seven Solicitors, three trainee Solicitors, two Legal Assistants and three Legal Secretaries (supported by other Secretaries in CSG as required).
This role will support all fee earners in the team, with a particular focus on the Bristol office. It will involve working alongside the other legal secretaries in the team.
As a Legal Secretary for the Projects, Infrastructure and Construction team your day to day remit includes:
- Working closely with and providing a full secretarial service to the Head of PIC in particular in relation to team-wide management responsibilities including HR, finance and risk and other matters sometimes confidential in nature
- To provide support to other partners in the team in conjunction with other secretaries but with particular responsibility for the Bristol based partners.
- Providing support to the fee earner(s) to ensure work tasks are undertaken, prioritised and completed.
- Undertaking supervisory responsibility for more junior secretarial staff
Specific tasks include:
- Assisting the partners to whom you report on a daily basis, including calendar, meeting, call and email management and travel management, internally and with clients, as well as general admin support.
- Providing daily administrative and document support to other allocated members of the team as part of the team secretarial allocation. All secretaries work collaboratively to provide mutual support, in addition to the allocation of designated fee earners.
- Creating/amending complex agreements and documents for construction, engineering and energy transactions and disputes (some being in excess of 100 pages), often to a tight timescale and including manuscript and locally saved comments from a number of fee earners.
- Ability to convert non-TLT documents to house style as well as formatting documents.
- Creating PowerPoint presentations and ability to merge a number of slides from different fee earners into one presentation document.
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Strong IT systems skills are essential, including strong Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Experience of Outlook for Emails and Diary Management.
- Excellent communication skills with a good, confident, telephone manner and client care expertise are essential.
- Experience of handling and managing sensitive and confidential information and dealing with such material appropriately
- Accuracy, sound organisational skills and attention to detail are required.
- Ability to be flexible managing tasks and variable workload on a daily basis is also essential.
- Ability to prioritise work load under pressure.
- Ability to deal with client due diligence to comply with Anti-Money Laundering regulations.
- Ability to use Interwoven, CompareDocs and pdfDocs would all be an advantage.
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com.
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.