Legal Secretary - Property Litigation and Development
We are currently recruiting for a Legal Secretary to support our Property Litigation and Property Development teams in Manchester. This is an excellent opportunity to provide full secretarial support to fee earners across two different specialisms including digital dictation, document collation and travel/diary management.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will receive a bespoke, on-going training programme to ensure you develop your commercial and technical skills to allow you to deliver the varied workload to a high standard. As a member of our Support team you will be a vital part of our continued success. There isn't an "us and them" mentality and you will be recognised for your hard work and support.
As a Legal Secretary your day to day remit includes:
- Assisting with secretarial and administrative tasks and to provide assistance to others in the team and group when required.
- Digital dictation (audio typing).
- Assisting the national team with overflow typing when required
- Creating/amending documents.
- Collating documentation in advance of court hearings, arbitration or mediation.
- Dealing with a range of client specific billing requirements and generating a large number of bills on a monthly basis.
- Filing, electronic filing and general admin duties such as faxing and photocopying.
- Managing diary appointments and making arrangements for meetings. Some use of Excel for invoicing purposes as well as for creating mail merge documentation.
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- Experience of Outlook for Emails and Diary Management.
- Experience of Laserforms, Excel and Workshare would be an advantage.
- Experience of Property searches and enquiries would be an advantage,(but training can be given for a suitable candidate)
- Accuracy, sound organisational skills and flexibility are also required along with previous secretarial experience in a legal environment. Legal experience in Real Estate, Property Litigation or Commercial Litigation is preferred.
- Strong ability to self manage a large workload in a busy Team.
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate.
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance. You will have discounted rates for the latest mobile phones and discounted gym memberships.
About the Company
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.