Legal Secretary - Real Estate
An exciting opportunity for a Legal Secretary to join our Real Estate team in our busy London office. TLT is recognised as having one of the foremost real estate groups in the Region, with over 177 staff. The Group includes a number of nationally rated individuals. Our property expertise embraces investment, portfolio management, finance, planning, construction, environmental, development and dispute resolution.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will develop your technical and commercial skills through bespoke knowhow and development programmes ensuring you exceed all expectations. We have a flat hierarchy and you will be a highly valued member of the team and firm and we will ensure your hard work is recognised.
You will operate as a Legal Secretary within the Real Estate Team and you will be expected to deliver the following;
· Carrying out secretarial and administrative tasks supporting one Partner and three fee earners.
· Managing diary appointments and arranging both internal and external meetings.
· Physical and electronic filing, general admin duties such as faxing and photocopying.
· Creating/amending/comparing documents. For example, precedent documents, leases, licenses, contracts, transfers etc.
· Dealing with a range of client specific billing requirements and generating bills on a monthly basis.
· Maintaining client matters: opening new files, arranging conflict checks, archived completed files.
· Supporting cross office working covering other secretarial absence as and when required.
· Attending to SDLT Returns (Stamp Duty Land Tax forms), property searches, and requesting for documents to be uploaded to the various client extranets.
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
· Extensive experience in Commercial and Residential Property.
· Strong IT systems skills are required with working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
· Experience of Outlook for Emails and Diary Management.
· Excellent communication skills with a good telephone manner and client care expertise are essential.
· Accuracy, attention to detail, sound organisational skills and flexibility are also required along with previous secretarial experience in a legal environment.
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com . Or if you prefer our dedicated Diversity and Corporate Responsibility Advisor, Tanya Williams on firstname.lastname@example.org
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.