Legal Secretary - Real Estate
We are currently recruiting for a Legal Secretary to join our Leisure & Retail team in Bristol for a permanent full time role. You will be providing a full range of Secretarial and Administrative support to those in the team working with clients in the Retail & Consumer Goods sector.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will develop your technical and commercial skills through bespoke knowhow and development programmes ensuring you exceed all expectations. We have a flat hierarchy and you will be a highly valued member of the team and firm and we will ensure your hard work is recognised.
As a Legal Secretary your day to day remit includes:
- Digital dictation (audio typing)
- Creating/amending documents and correspondence.
- Dealing with a range of client specific billing requirements and generating a large number of bills on a monthly basis.
- Dealing with clients, agents etc by phone, taking messages and general calls.
- Filing, electronic filing, copying, scanning and general admin duties e.g deeds requests, generating reports for clients, processing fee earners’ expenses, setting up new clients and new matters.
- Managing diary appointments, travel arrangements and making arrangements for meetings.
- To provide assistance to others in the wider Team when required.
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- Experience in Commercial Property is desirable.
- Strong IT systems skills are required.
- Experience of Laserforms, Excel, Outlook and Workshare would be an advantage.
- Ideally we are looking for previous experience of document management systems although training will be given in Interwoven if it has not been used before·
- Excellent communication skills with a good telephone manner and client care expertise are essential.
- Accuracy, sound organisational skills and flexibility are also required along with previous secretarial experience in a legal environment. Strong ability to self manage a large workload in a busy Team.
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com .