We are currently recruiting for a Legal Secretary to join our Real Estate team in either Bristol or Manchester for a permanent full time role. You will be providing a full range of Secretarial and Administrative support to those located primarily in the Bristol and London offices, who carry out a range of residential and commercial property transactions including residential and commercial sales and purchases, re-finances, grant and renewal of business leases and general property management work, acting for investor and high net worth private clients, corporate occupiers and clients in the public sector.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will develop your technical and commercial skills through bespoke knowhow and development programmes ensuring you exceed all expectations. We have a flat hierarchy and you will be a highly valued member of the team and firm and we will ensure your hard work is recognised.
As a Legal Secretary your day to day remit includes:
- Client inception and file opening, identification checks, population of precedent engagement letters and collating enclosures, managing and uploading of client information
- Assisting with obtaining Land Registry title documents and submitting searches and collating and filing search results
- Populating precedent transaction documents including sale and purchase agreements, purchase/re-mortgage questionaires, replies to enquiries and requisitions and completion statements.
- Creation/amendment of other documents, including leases, licenses, contracts, transfers etc.
- Managing electronic document folders
- Preparing posting slips for receipts/payments of monies
- Document storage and file closing
- Managing diary appointments and making arrangements for meetings.
- Digital dictation (audio typing).
- Dealing with clients by phone, taking messages, answering queries and general calls.
- Dealing with specific client queries, such as requests for deeds or information on file
- Filing, electronic filing and general administration.
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- Legal secretarial real estate and/or conveyancing experience is essential.
- Strong IT systems skills are required with working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience of Outlook for Emails and Diary Management.
- Experience of Laserforms and Workshare would be an advantage.
- Ideally we are looking for previous experience of document management systems although training will be given in Interwoven if it has not been used before.
- Excellent communication skills with a good telephone manner and client care expertise are essential.
- Accuracy, attention to detail, sound organisational skills and flexibility are also required along with previous secretarial experience in a legal environment.
- Candidates should ideally be experienced with Copy & Audio typing (digital dictation)- 65wpm/90%+ accuracy.
- An ability and willingness to provide remote support and to operate in a separate Geographical location from some Team fee earners.
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com