Legal secretary - Corporate
We are recruiting for a Legal Secretary to join our Corporate team in London. This is a great opportunity to join a thriving team in a supporting capacity, providing secretarial assistance to two Partners and three Fee Earners. You will be involved in a range of tasks including audio typing, diary management and filing.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will develop your technical and commercial skills through bespoke knowhow and development programmes ensuring you exceed all expectations. We have a flat hierarchy and you will be a highly valued member of the team and firm and we will ensure your hard work is recognised.
As a Legal Secretary our day to day remit includes:
- Managing diary appointments and arranging both internal and external meetings.
- Dealing with clients and agents by phone
- Assisting with management of inbox emails i.e. redirecting as appropriate during absence, saving and efiling within software package.
- Updating and maintaining contact information for clients on Interaction
- Digital dictation (audio typing), including preparing and amending documents from members of Corporate, Corporate Banking and occasionally wider Corporate teams.
- Creating complex agreements and documents for corporate transactions (some being in excess of 100 pages), often to a tight timescale.
- Ability to housestyle non-TLT documents.
- Preparing Court/CD Bundles.
- Creating/amending Excel spreadsheets, which includes inputting financial information, formulas, bank details and updating monthly matter reports for specific clients.
- Reconciling expenses.
- Dealing with a range of client specific billing requirements and generating bills on a monthly basis. Knowledge of SOS Connect or similar would be beneficial.
- Supporting the Secretarial Team Leader with cross office support during secretarial absence in the London office.
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following:
- Experience with copy & audio typing (digital dictation).
- Excellent communication skills with a good telephone manner and client care expertise
- Strong IT systems skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience of Outlook for Emails and Diary Management.
- Previous experience of document management systems (although training will be given in Interwoven if it has not been used before).
- Experience of Laserforms and Workshare.
- Given the nature of transactions an individual who is prepared to be flexible in their hours by occasionally working late would be preferred.
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com . Or if you prefer our dedicated Diversity and Corporate Responsibility Advisor, Tanya Williams on email@example.com
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.