Litigation Solicitor (Financial Services) - NQ-3 PQE
Why apply for a role in our Financial Service Disputes and Investigations Team in Bristol?
Our market-leading Financial Services Disputes and Investigations Team, also known as FSDI, is one of the UK's largest teams in the field of financial services litigation, comprising over 150 people across our offices in Bristol, Manchester, London, Belfast and Glasgow. We are rated by Chambers as being in the top tier of firms outside of London advising in this area.
The range and quality of the work we do is exceptional. Our team advise on a variety of contentious matters – including high value and complex banking litigation, professional negligence claims, investment banking litigation, international disputes, regulatory, fraud, trade finance, and receivership instructions. We defend reputationally sensitive claims and undertake specialist projects with our clients to help to prevent claims against them in the future.
We have a strong and diverse client base which includes the UK's major clearing banks, building societies, private and wealth banks, digital banks, international banks, payment service providers and fixed charge receivers.
We have grown consistently over the last few years and further growth is envisaged and planned. Whilst we are a large and busy team, we don’t lose sight of the individual and every member of our team contributes to our achievements.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will manage your own caseloads ensuring your experience is varied and broad. Through our national service lines you will work with notable clients and become a sector specialist. You will receive bespoke training throughout your career ensuring you have the technical and commercial skills to build an effective and successful practice.
As a Solicitor or Chartered Legal Executive in our FSDI Team you will be part of a supportive team who will work with you to develop your talent and progress your career. As we are the go-to law firm within the financial services sector, you will be working with a number of UK and international clients, such as Natwest Group, Lloyds Banking Group and Nationwide Building Society, in addition to a number of others.
This is a diverse role, offering real variety; each case is unique and two days are rarely alike.
You will have the opportunity to be involved with:
- Running a varied contentious caseload for our key FS clients,
- Providing strategic and commercial legal advice upon a range of disputes and claims, working alongside more senior members of the team
- Participating in business development activities with clients and potential clients, nurturing existing relationships and building on new ones
- Assisting with production of legal updates and knowhow development
The Ideal Candidate
We are an ambitious, successful team which is continually striving to develop and adapt to the changes our clients face.
We are looking for a Solicitor or Chartered Legal Executive who wants to join a growing team and be challenged throughout their career.
Applicants will ideally be/have:
- A qualified Solicitor or Chartered Legal Executive from NQ level – 3 years' PQE
- Ideally experienced in acting in the financial services sector in contentious matters
- Ideally be from a top 100 law firm, with commercial experience
- Experience of running your own caseload of litigation matters (subject to supervision)
- Good understanding of the CPR and litigation process
- Helpful to have a working knowledge of Land Registry practice and procedure
- Keen to build relationships with clients and deliver excellent client service
- Enthusiastic to learn and develop
- Able to operate effectively within a team environment
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Excellent communication and self-management skills
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. As a fee earner if you exceed your targets you will receive a generous annual bonus. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.