Part-time Meeting Room Assistant
We're recruiting for part-time Meeting Room Assistant to join our busy facilities team in our Head Office in Bristol. Working Wednesday to Friday, 10am to 6pm, you will be supporting and maintaining the smooth operation and cleaning of our new, state of the art 15th floor client conference suite, kitchen and staff catering areas.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will receive a bespoke, on-going training programme to ensure you develop your commercial and technical skills to allow you to deliver the varied workload to a high standard. As a member of our Support team you will be a vital part of our continued success. There isn't an "us and them" mentality and you will be recognised for your hard work and support.
As a meeting room assistant your day to day remit includes:
- Support a welcoming environment to the conference suite. Ensuring a constant professional front of house service to clients and TLT staff as a part of the wider reception team with a ‘can do’ and ‘nothing is too much’ attitude.
- Service and maintain 15 meeting rooms for all events and meetings within the service level agreement.
- To be responsible for the daily tasks set out to you each day, to excel in providing a high-quality hospitality service.
- Follow instructions and apply yourself to daily duties without constant supervision.
- Ensure all areas are always clean and tidy including floors, conference tables, and catering areas.
- Serve, replenish and clear away refreshments for all meetings and events (e.g. teas, coffees, buffet lunches, breakfasts and dinners).
- Undertake spot / emergency cleaning as required (e.g. removing wine stains from reception furniture/cleaning windows).
- Support the Housekeeping Team Leader with stock control of catering supplies to support the needs of the conference rooms and events.
- Deep cleaning of the main kitchen, including the oven, hob, floors, fridges, extractor fan, coffee machines and any other areas of cleaning required.
- Maintain staff kitchenettes and café areas on all floors ensuring they are stocked with consumables and kept clean and tidy throughout the day. This includes microwaves and waste receptacles.
- Support the Housekeeping Team Leader in ensuring the Health, Safety and Hygiene requirements are undertaken.
- Undertake a best practice approach in all duties and adhere to the Firm's Health & Safety policy and procedures at all times.
- Report all maintenance issues to the Reception Manager or Team Leader in a timely manner.
- Be available for service duties when hosting evening events such as a fine dining dinner or drinks reception.
- Demonstrate a positive, enthusiastic, committed and flexible attitude towards clients, staff and team members, recognising the importance and benefits of effective team working.
- Maintain smart appearance when wearing the TLT staff uniform.
- Assist with any other ad-hoc duties as required.
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- 2 or more years experience of working in a corporate hospitality background or similar, preferably in a professional environment.
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to communicate effectively to fellow employees and customers with a friendly personality and a professional working attitude.
- Ability to hit the ground running, hardworking and determined.
- Proven experience working in successful teams.
- Certificate in Food Hygiene – Level 2.
- Manual handling skills to be able to lift heavy loads.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com . Or if you prefer our dedicated Diversity and Corporate Responsibility Advisor, Tanya Williams on firstname.lastname@example.org
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.