Office Assistant - Financial Litigation
We are currently recruiting for an Office Assistant to join our Financial Litigation team in Manchester. As an Office Assistant you will be providing administration support to the team and will be able to demonstrate strong organisation skills. Our Financial Litigation team work on behalf of a number of well-known high street financial organisations including banks and building societies.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will receive a bespoke, on-going training programme to ensure you develop your commercial and technical skills to allow you to deliver the varied workload to a high standard. As a member of our Support team you will be a vital part of our continued success. There isn't an "us and them" mentality and you will be recognised for your hard work and support.
As an Office Assistant your day to day remit includes:
- Working as part of a support team to provide general administrative support to the fee earners in the team
- Creating and maintaining Excel spreadsheets and graphic based analysis for reporting purposes (to assist with internal and external reporting requirements)
- Opening files, conflict checking, creating finance clip and organising documents , including ongoing file management such as filing correspondence and documents and organising files
- Ensuring invoices are processed, including arranging for third parties to be paid
- Updating and maintaining databases
- Diarising key court deadlines and arranging for documents to be filed at court and served on opponents in accordance with court deadlines
- Photocopying, scanning and faxing
- Assisting with preparation of Court bundles and files
- Requesting files from archives
- Assisting fee earners with day to day file management
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- General administrative skills
- Proven ability to work as part of a team, preferably in a fast-paced office environment
- Proficient Excel skills (with basic and vlookup formulas, pivot tables, pivot charts & managing large spreadsheets)
- To be able to export data to other spreadsheets and charts efficiently, whilst also being able to put together easy-to-read analysis
- Demonstrate organisation in order to complete all allocated tasks within the required timeframe and to the required level of accuracy
- To demonstrate satisfactory levels of literacy and numeracy
- To write simple letters and e-mails
- Effective telephone communication skills
- Demonstrate effective team work and willingness to work as part of a team in sharing tasks
- Be client focussed
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com . Or if you prefer our dedicated Diversity and Corporate Responsibility Advisor, Tanya Williams on email@example.com
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.