Office Assistant - Financial Services Disputes
We are currently recruiting for an Office Assistant to join our Financial Services and Disputes department in Belfast. As an Office Assistant you will be providing administration support to the team and will be able to demonstrate strong organisation skills. Our Financial Services and Disputes team work on behalf of a number of well-known high street financial organisations including banks and building societies.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will receive a bespoke, on-going training programme to ensure you develop your commercial and technical skills to allow you to deliver the varied workload to a high standard. As a member of our Support team you will be a vital part of our continued success. There isn't an "us and them" mentality and you will be recognised for your hard work and support.
As an Office Assistant your day to day remit includes:
- Answering telephone calls/dealing with clients/taking messages and arranging meetings.
- Opening files, conflict checking, creating finance clip and organising documents , including ongoing file management such as filing correspondence and documents and organising files
- Ensuring invoices are processed, including arranging for third parties to be paid
- Updating and maintaining databases
- Review of incoming emails and dealing with as appropriate.
- Diarising key court deadlines and arranging for documents to be filed at court and served on opponents in accordance with court deadlines
- Assisting with preparation of Court bundles and files
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written).
- Demonstrate organisation in order to complete all allocated tasks within the required timeframe and to the required level of accuracy
- To demonstrate satisfactory levels of literacy and numeracy
- To have basic knowledge of and be able to use common functions of relevant computer applications with appropriate training
- Demonstrate effective team work
- Effective telephone communication skills
- Demonstrate a conscientious 'can-do' attitude
- Be client focussed
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate.
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Company
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.