Office Assistant - Tax and Estate Planning - 12 months FTC
We are looking for an Office Assistant to join the Private Client team at TLT which is part of the firm’s Private Business Group. The role is a 12 months FTC maternity cover.
The Bristol team have a full private client practice with Wills, probate, trust and personal tax planning work as a result of TLT’s deep rooted client base in Bristol and the South West.
We also act for major UK banks who require assistance with drafting Wills, trust documentation, estate queries, probate and related legal issues
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will develop your technical and commercial skills through bespoke knowhow and development programmes ensuring you exceed all expectations. We have a flat hierarchy and you will be a highly valued member of the team and firm and we will ensure your hard work is recognised.
As an Office Assistant your day to day remit includes:
- Filing and file organisation at regular intervals
- To scan and distribute post and file in relevant folders
- Cheque collection and distribution at regular intervals
- Opening and closing files, including use of TLT electronic file opening systems
- Archiving (sending and retrieving files to short-term storage facility)
- Scanning documents and electronic filing
- General photocopying, binding
- Preparing engrossments and assisting with court bundles when necessary
- Liaising with facilities team and ensuring office supplies and support are available
- Providing assistance and support to secretarial team
- Prepare outgoing post & DX for collection
- Assisting with Certainty project spreadsheet and scanning
- Receiving and checking admin emails regarding Wills
- Logging in Wills
- Keeping archives room updated and current by returning any documents no longer required.
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- Good IT literacy (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Database Management) ideally we are looking for knowledge or experience of Practice Manager.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team
- Numeric skills are also important as you will be involved with client billing
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com .
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.