Facilities / Office Supervisor- Belfast
We are recruiting for a Facilities / Office Supervisor to join our new Belfast office. You will be part of the IT and Facilities Group, reporting to the Head of Facilities and providing a complete service to support the safe use of our new Belfast office by TLT employees, clients, contractors and visitors.
Facilities are responsible for the smooth running of various day to day activities including switchboard, reception, the conference suites, catering, post, archives, document services, maintenance, office moves, security, health & safety and many other support functions.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will receive a bespoke, on-going training programme to ensure you develop your commercial and technical skills to allow you to deliver the varied workload to a high standard. As a member of our Support team you will be a vital part of our continued success. There isn't an "us and them" mentality and you will be recognised for your hard work and support.
As a Facilities / Office Supervisor your day to day remit includes:
- Coach, motivate and lead Facilities staff to ensure a professional customer service led approach and style is adhered to by the team.
- Set clear objectives, performance manage and undertake appraisals and supervision meetings in accordance with the Firm’s HR procedures.
- Define job descriptions, activity checklists, responsibility matrixes and co-ordinate rotas and absence cover for the team.
- Deliver a proactive professional front of house service for staff, visitors and contractors.
- Provide a quality service that ensures the smooth running of the Belfast office and its facilities and to provide a smart, polite and friendly service to staff, clients and suppliers. This includes the ability to communicate at all levels in person, via telephone and in written form through emails.
- Liaising with and being the first point of contact for buildings management in Belfast liaising with the Head of Facilities on all aspects of maintenance and health and safety.
- Coordinate and maintain general office housekeeping, to identify any maintenance, repair or Health & Safety related work required.
- Notify the Landlord’s building management team of issues and ensure resolution.
- Maintain reactive maintenance database and produce monthly management reporting to the Head of Facilities on planned and reactive maintenance.
- Escalate matters of risk and monitor outcomes.
- Contact relevant Contractors to register faults and organise repairs in a timely manner.
- Instruct relevant Contractors for the completion of PPM.
- Support the Head of Facilities with any office relocations, refurbishments or churn moves (occasional out of hours work may be required).
- Undertake minor maintenance works as required e.g. assembling items, painting.
Contractors and Supplier Management
- Management of contracts, SLAs that support the smooth running of the office facilities.
- Procurement of supplies and services in conjunction with the Procurement team to ensure best value for money.
- Prompt processing of supplier payments and liaison with Accounts team and suppliers.
- Annual review and audit of suppliers and services provided to the Facilities team.
- Maintenance of the contract database of all Facilities contracts, agreements and SLAs.
- Filing of all contract / supplier paperwork on Interwoven in a timely and organised manner to ensure prompt and easy retrieval.
- Supervision of third party maintenance contractors whilst on site.
- Maintain the security systems and floor plans with Joiner, Leaver and Transfer (JLT) data.
- Management of access control and physical building security requirements.
- Undertake key and pass audits on a quarterly basis and maintain all record keeping.
- Liaison with the Facilities team in Bristol to ensure timely production of security passes adhering to the requirements of ISO 27001.
- Liaise with building management reception team for the authorisation of staff access through main entrance and rear building access as needed.
- Management of temporary access control passes with regular weekly audit of returns.
Health & Safety (H&S)
- Identifying and assessing a wide variety of risks and in some incidences finding creative ways to mitigate these risks.
- Set an example of best practice approach in all duties and adhere to the Firm's H&S policy and procedures.
- Attend the H&S committee and review meetings and ensure effective monitoring, evaluation and prioritisation of H&S actions.
- Undertake and maintain risk assessments for all Facilities activities, office space, evacuation and use of equipment.
- Ensure the office complies with its H&S responsibilities and implement change to meet H&S best practice.
- Support arrangements for emergency evacuation, fire and first aid.
- Advocate for H&S and ensure all follow policy and procedures.
- Issue any permits to work or co-ordinating permits from the Landlords building management team.
- Undertake DSE assessor duties in the review of risk assessments and the mitigation of risks identified.
- Maintaining H&S training records including First Aid and Fire wardens.
- Adherence to various internal and external regulations and standards including Health and Safety, Accessibility, Environmental, ESOS, ISO27001, ISO9001, Clear desk.
- Support the Location Head with the execution of the Business Continuity Plan (BCP) in the event of it being activated.
- Management of cleaning contract services.
- Management of the internal and external post teams including digitisation of incoming post.
- Develop and define office services processes including post scanning, archiving and reprographics.
- Attendance of tenant liaison meetings and prompt communication to staff of activities that impact upon them and their working day.
- Coordination of car parking allocation and arrangement for pass updates.
- Work closely with the Reception Manager to ensure the continual high standard of Front of House service is delivered consistently to all clients. And support the improvement of Client experience initiatives.
- Assist with induction timetables and welcoming new employees to TLT ensuring they are fully supported in their workplace and notifying them of emergency and H&S procedures.
- Act as TLT Way Champion in Belfast including attendance and proactive participation of meetings and supporting the initiatives and actions raised through the TLT Way working group.
- Support physical security audits, make recommendations for improvement and implementing change as agreed with the Head of Facilities.
- Coordinate energy information, for ESOS submissions and make and support recommendations on how energy management can be improved in Belfast.
- Review and maintain the Facilities pages relating to the Belfast office and procedure documents held on the Firm’s intranet (Atlas).
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- Knowledge and experience of the facilities management industry as well as a good understanding of Health and safety processes and procedures.
- Experience of line management and supervision of staff, with excellent organisation and prioritisation of own and team tasks and responsibilities.
- A strong background working in a facilities environment, typically gained through 3 or more years’ experience.
- Practical and proven knowledge of H&S.
- IOSH Managing Safety qualification desirable.
- Excellent people skills with the ability to deal with employees face to face and on the telephone and able to take control of emergency situations, remain calm and put people at ease.
- Flexible approach with capacity to take on a variety of tasks working across all aspects of the wider Facilities team and undertaking other Facilities duties as required.
- Manual handling skills to be able to lift heavy loads.
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com . Or if you prefer our dedicated Diversity and Corporate Responsibility Advisor, Tanya Williams on firstname.lastname@example.org
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.