Paralegal - Financial Litigation
We are recruiting a Paralegal to join our Financial Services Disputes team in Belfast. You will be part of a team working on a range of litigation matters for financial sector clients including. Responsibility will include managing your own caseload as well as the opportunity to support solicitors within the team on more complex matters.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will receive a bespoke, on-going training programme to ensure you develop your commercial and technical skills to allow you to deliver the varied workload to a high standard. As a member of our Support team you will be a vital part of our continued success. There isn't an "us and them" mentality and you will be recognised for your hard work and support.
As a Paralegal your day to day remit includes:
- The role is in litigation, with an emphasis on banking litigation and general commercial litigation.
- Junior fee earning case work including being responsible for your own cases, under supervision.
- Investigating and analysing claims, preparing draft advices.
- Assisting solicitors with preparing trial bundles.
- Instructing experts and carrying out Initial review of expert reports
- Drafting correspondence
- Reviewing discovery documents received from other parties
- Managing key dates
- Assisting with recording, reporting on and analysing Management Information
- Assisting with billing
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- Previous legal assistant experience is useful (but not essential) and this should ideally be in litigation.
- An interest in working in the legal field is essential.
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written).
- Excellent organisational and time management skills as well as attention to detail
- Good knowledge of Word and Outlook is required and experience in Excel, PowerPoint and document management experience would be beneficial.
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com . Or if you prefer our dedicated Diversity and Corporate Responsibility Advisor, Tanya Williams on firstname.lastname@example.org
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.